Assalamu alaikum BHA families,
Ramadan Kareem to everyone. May Allah (SWT) make it a blessed month and shower all of us with His mercy, forgiveness, health, and free us from the Hell fire.
As you all know that the month of Ramadan is the month of the Qur’an, religious studies, and ibadah. So the NJHS (National Junior Honor Society) and NHS (National Honor Society) chapters of our school felt that it is a great opportunity to get closer to Allah by increasing our knowledge about our religion and receive some extra ajar (reward) with the following competitions.
Winners will be announced after Ramadan, and they will be rewarded at the NHS bazaar, insha’Allah.
We are planning to start posting Islamic questions every other day during Ramadan to make it more convenient for participants. They will be sent out, even during weekends and the break using Google Classroom. One to three questions will be posted, and the answers will become visible after the due date.
The points from the trivia will be added and the students with the highest participation and accuracy will be given prizes. There will be mainly multiple-choice questions. There will be some short answer questions and very few true/false questions. Insha’Allah, we hope everyone will take some time out of their day to search online, answer them, and gain the ajr, insha’Allah.
Google Classroom Codes for Trivia: Join with the first and last name of the student!
Grades K and TK please join the Google classroom with this code: sd46nqa
Grades 1st -2nd please join the Google classroom with this code: vdcx2qc
Grades 3rd-5th please join the Google classroom with this code: 7zqnf23
Grades 6th-11th please join the Google classroom with this code: oj4gxva
Please join as soon as possiblebefore Ramadan so the students can see the first set of questions at 6:30 am on April 2, the first day of Ramadan. There will be two days for students to answer and submit the answers.
RAMADAN POEM CONTEST:
The purpose of this contest is to give a chance for students to express their creativity and love for Ramadan. This also allows students to become more in touch with their feelings and spiritual level during this holy month. Insha’Allah, everybody will be granted Allah’s reward.
Required number of lines for the poem:
• 1st and 2nd graders – five lines
• 3rd through 5th graders – nine lines
• Middle – twelve lines
• High school – fifteen lines
• Ramadan related
• Vocabulary should be suitable to the grade level
• Helping others and using other peoples’ work is not allowed; everything must be authentic in order to win
RAMADAN ART CONTEST:
The art contest is made to express everybody’s creativity and unique style. Students are only allowed to participate in ONE category.
• Drawing & Arabic Calligraphy: A colored, authentic drawing of Islamic content that has a picture or design (but no live images) and also has Arabic calligraphy. (Computer drawings are not accepted.)
• 3D projects: Ramadan decorated wall/corner at home. Families with multiple students in the school can decorate one wall and they will be rewarded as a family. TK through 2nd grade are allowed partial help. Handmade decorations out of recycled items are recommended. Email pictures to this email.
May Allah bless your projects and give you and your families and blessed Ramadan! 🙂
If you have any questions regarding elementary, please contact us at email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding middle and high, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan.
NHS and NJHS Members