Assalamo Alaykum wa Rahmatullah,
As you are aware, BHA has been monitoring closely information and recommendations from health authorities on the spread of COVID-19 throughout the state and specifically in San Diego. Beginning with our earliest communications, we have consistently sought to balance concerns for the health of our community with our responsibility to our students, their families, our faculty, and our staff. We have decided to take preventative steps to limit possible exposure. After extensive consultation with the school staff and school board and other school leaders, Bright Horizon has made the decision to begin an organized, temporary school closure at the conclusion of all school activities on Friday, March 13. Please be assured that this is a preventative, proactive decision, and we have no indication that there is a case of COVID-19 in our school community. BHA will begin a Home Learning Plan effective Monday, March 16th through Friday, March 27th. Spring Break is from March 30 – April 3, and our intention is to resume in-person learning again on April 6th, insha Allah.
At home, we ask parents to prepare as well. All students will need to identify a learning space, so please work with your child to identify and set-up their workspace. I have also attached some basic Home Learning Guidelines to this email for your reference.
The schedule over the next several days will be as follows:
Friday, March 13
· Students will take home any textbooks, workbooks, and school supplies needed.
Monday, March 16
· Faculty will be in meetings and working to follow through with the Home Learning Plan devised by the school for closure.
· Teachers will be gathering all materials needed for home learning.
· Parents and students to designate a learning area at home and work out details to ensure productive home learning days.
· Students to finish up any homework, assignments, etc. from Friday or preceding days.
Tuesday, March 17
· Teachers will notify students about the remote learning model via Jupiter Ed.
· Teachers will be emailing parents/students instructions to successfully implement the Remote Learning Plan.
· Teachers will be sharing log-in information and other pertinent details, including remote learning schedules.
· BHA will begin daily teaching and learning at 9:00 am.
Monday, March 30 – Friday, April 3
· Spring Break
Monday, April 6
· Planned reopening.
We are also mindful of the burden that falls on families, the disruption of routines, and the potential technological and logistical challenges of implementing a remote learning plan. We recognize that this temporary school closure will create new considerations for our families to navigate. This is where we will lean on our strong school and parent partnerships. Importantly, if you have any concerns about your family’s technology systems or access, please let your child’s teacher know, and we will work with you to come up with solutions.
Keep in mind that while staff and faculty will be on school site during the closure, the physical campus will be closed to students and families beginning Monday, March 16th through Sunday, April 5th. Therefore, all extracurricular activities and programs (including field trips, athletics, school events, afterschool programs, etc.) will be postponed/rescheduled upon our return.
Please make duaa for all those who may be impacted by this virus and for all those working in healthcare professions. We will continue to communicate with you throughout the closure and in the event of any new developments. We are grateful for the encouragement and support from our families in recent days. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. May Allah keep us all safe and strengthen our community.
Muhammad Aftab Diwan
BHA Home Learning Days Student Guidelines – F.docx