Assalamu’alaikum, Dear BHA Parents/Guardians,
Protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our school community remains our top priority as we welcome students back to in-person learning after the winter break. We are implementing updated COVID-19 safety protocols in alignment with California Department of Public Health mitigation strategies to keep our students and staff safe while on campus.
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak at our school, ALL* staff and students will be required to submit a negative PCR test before returning to campus. The PCR test is to be completed no earlier than Thursday, December 30th and the results should be emailed to email@example.com by evening of Sunday, January 2nd. You can schedule the PCR test through your healthcare provider or find a testing location through the link below:
Students who do not provide a negative PCR test result will be sent home and assigned independent study/work until they provide a negative PCR test result.
Students who have traveled internationally during the break, will be required to observe the following CDC guidelines:
• Vaccinated students: Test 3-5 days after travel, return to school with negative PCR results.
• Unvaccinated students: Test 3-5 days after travel. If the PCR test result is negative, then quarantine for one week (from date of return) and then return to school.
* Please note that any student who has had a confirmed COVID-19 infection in the past 90 days should not test. The test may be positive because of the prior infection.
If Sr. Saba was emailed positive test results at the time of infection, no additional documents are required.
In addition to requiring pre-entry negative PCR test results, the school will implement the following safety measures:
• Strict mask enforcement.
• Strict Covid-19 symptoms monitoring by teachers and staff. Please do your part and keep your child(ren) home when sick (see decision tree below) and get them tested when their symptoms are consistent with COVID-19, even if it is a runny nose.
• Sporadic screening testing. If you have not already done so, please register your child so he/she may be tested at school. my.primary.health/l/brighthorizonsd
• Daily disinfecting and enhanced focus on hand hygiene.
• Physical distancing and ventilation as much as feasible.
• And, isolation/quarantine, when appropriate.
The school strongly encourages vaccination for all eligible staff and students.
It is our hope that through these safety measures, we can keep our school open and students participating in in-person instruction for the remainder of the school year. It will take a collaborative effort between home and school to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 on our campuses and ensure a successful school year.
Please submit any questions related to COVID-19, PCR test results, vaccination records, or staying home when sick to Sr. Saba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All parents are required to inform the school (email Sr. Saba) when any of your students test positive for Covid-19 during the quarantine period and/or during the winter break.
Jazakum Allahu khairan. May Allah SWT continue to bless all our families and staff and keep everyone safe and in good health.
We wish you a blessed winter break!
BHA Administration and Board of Education
Covid-19 Decision Tree: covid-19.sdcoe.net/portals/covid-19/Documents/Health%20Practices/COVID-19-Decision-Tree.pdf