InshAllah, this email reaches you in the best of health and the highest level of Iman. The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) has started its second project for the year. The goal of this project is to raise money for helping the refugees through a Walkathon.
The Prophet (S) said:
“Whoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Resurrection. And whoever alleviates the need of a needy person, Allah will alleviate his needs in this world and the Hereafter. Whoever shields [or hides the misdeeds of] a Muslim, Allah will shield him in this world and the Hereafter. And Allah will aid His slave so long as he aids his brother.”
To support this cause, an individual can be:
1. Anybody can participate, child or adult as individuals or a whole family together.
Note: Attending BHA is not a requirement.
2. Each participant will need to recruit sponsors. Sponsors can be family, friends, loved ones, or others.
3. The sponsor would donate to an agreed-upon dollar amount for each mile.
For example: A dollar for every mile.
Donor: A donor can sponsor a class, grade, club, or the whole event, or match the collected amount partially or fully.
Hit four birds with one stone!
• Counts as Sadaqah. Get rewarded with Hasanaat.
• Collect money for a just cause.
• Get out with family and friends.
Prizes await those who:
• Walk the most
• Collect the most money
• The family that walked the most and had the most sponsors.
What are you waiting for?
Friday, November 20th – Monday, November 29th
Walk at your convenience anytime during these days.
• Miramar Lake (5-mile walk)
• Lake Murray (3 miles forth and back, 6-7 miles total)
• Mission Bay (2.74 miles walk forth, 5.48 miles walk back and forth)
• Balboa Park (from the main fountain to the end of the bridge next to the stop sign and back is 1.26 miles)
• Anywhere in a park or your neighborhood.
Recruit sponsors, choose a location, walk and measure the distance, have a nice, fun, active weekend! Then fill the calculation sheet and collect the money from your sponsors.
You can either download or make a copy of the following calculation sheet to record your sponsors and dues.
Depending on whether you are walking as an individual or as a family, please fill out the respective form:
The Family Form: forms.gle/jT5bE3ANhCpzvdGCA
The Individual Form: forms.gle/Ea7RN623MdGx57eW8
Submit your form and the collected money to the adviser Ms. Hanan by Monday, Nov., 29th 2021.
Please bring the collected money and calculation sheet in a closed envelope labeled with NJHS walkathon. They should hand it to Ms. Hanan at AG campus or Sister Mariam at CC campus.
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan.
The NJHS Officers