Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.
Dearest BHA Families,
I hope and pray that everyone is doing well and keeping safe by the grace and mercy of Allah SWT. This past week Governor Newsom announced that schools located in counties on the state monitoring list for rising corona virus infections, which includes San Diego, would not be allowed to physically reopen and would be required to start the school year with a virtual-only learning model. As such, we are planning to begin the school year virtually. Our dedication to the students and their education is our top priority in whatever form we provide that experience.
We are also planning at multiple levels to cater to parents needs where possible, and preparing for a hybrid learning model (mixture of online and in person teaching), as well full time on campus schooling as soon as possible.
San Diego County must be off the state monitoring list for 14 consecutive days in order for its schools to be allowed to physically reopen. A waiver of this criterion may be granted by the local health officer to allow schools to open for in-person instruction. This is provided that certain processes and guidelines are followed. We are communicating with the California Department of Public Health in this regard, and are committed to physically reopening our school for our students, once it is safe to do so. Upon reopening, the following basic measures will be in place:
· All school staff will be required to wear masks. All students in 3rd grade and above will need to wear masks, unless exempt (persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering are exempt). Students in 2nd grade and below will be strongly encouraged to wear masks or face shields.
· We will adhere to physical distancing guidelines to ensure safe distance between classmates and school staff.
· Screening, cleaning, PPE and hygiene policies will be in place.
· Staff will be trained on implementing the guidelines set by the state and health department, as well as getting certified in virtual learning.
· Adjustments to PE, lunch and prayer times may be made to offer a modified schedule, to allow time for a thorough disinfection of the school.
· Entry points for both campuses will be controlled, and access will be restricted to only those who need to be on campus (students and employees). Everyone coming onto campus will go through a screening, and will need to wear a face mask.
· We will ask everyone on campus to wash their hands, and or use hand sanitizer before and after every class. Provision will be made for this.
As we navigate this pandemic through these changing times, the hope and faith of our school community will guide us to produce resilient young people, prepared to take on the challenges of the world in which we live. Thank you for your trust and partnership in educating our students.
Jazakumullahu Khairan, Wassalaam
Muhammad Aftab Diwan, MEd.